Application Support Analyst
As part of the Information Technology Services department, the Application Support Analyst supports both systems and users, and is responsible for the maintenance, implementation, and support of ASEBP’s applications. The Applications Analyst is accountable primarily for the delivery of support and technical solutions of ASEBP’s application architecture its users. The position also ensures product acceptance through test planning and execution.
Your Key Responsibilities
Support for applications
- As part of the IT support process, provide assistance and consult to ASEBP staff as required.
- Respond to IT service requests, determine root cause problems and resolve.
- Escalate IT service requests to proper individuals and teams when required.
- Analyze systems issues from a technical perspective, then take or recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Maintain the IT knowledge base and create new or update existing knowledge base documentation.
- Provide timely communication to ASEBP staff regarding the status of their request.
- Identify system trends and develop solutions to address common requests.
- Attend application demos to familiarize with upcoming changes to ASEBP’s applications.
- Develop operational reports and data extracts as required.
Monitor and address system performance issues
- Using system monitoring tools, identify system performance issues and trends, and escalate or address issues accordingly.
- Develop baselines for system performance to properly identify changes (over time or sudden).
- Ensure that proper security is applied at the application security level for various ASEBP systems.
Identify and Evaluate Technology Solutions
- Investigate, evaluate, and make necessary changes/enhancements to existing applications to resolve system and related process issues.
- Conduct analysis to identify requirements and business needs for new or enhanced information technology (IT) applications and processes.
- Ensure technical designs of applications are architected to be flexible, scalable and maintainable.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in Computer Science or Information Technology. A bachelor’s degree would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases and basic network configuration
- Demonstrable experience with SQL Server:
- T-SQL queries
- Profile tools
- Stored procedures, views, and functions
- Experience with troubleshooting and administration considered an asset
- Two to five years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with the following considered an asset:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- SharePoint 2013
- Dynamics GP
- Ability to learn and master employer-specific software
- Ability to diagnose and address application issues
- Demonstrated technical understanding and experience with client server environments.
- The desire to work in a strong team environment to achieve organizational goals, with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience with SQL (or other query tools) and experience writing test scripts/test cases.
- Ability to translate industry standards and best practices into workable operational strategies for ASEBP.
- Benefits and/or insurance experience considered an asset.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify system and organizational problems, determine possible solutions, and communicate these ideas effectively.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This posting will remain open until the role has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.