As part of the Business Intelligence Services department, the Business Analyst will be responsible for working with internal business customers and subject matter experts (SMEs) primarily on benefit plan design business processes. This role will also work closely with all business areas at ASEBP to identify, document and interpret requirements of various technical and non-technical solutions and projects. The Business Analyst will engage with business leaders and users to optimize data-driven processes and functions across the organization. This role serves as a key point of contact and resource to assist the business in translating business requirements into solutions and being an agent of change. The Business Analyst will also play an instrumental role in eliciting business requirements, facilitating complex requirement sessions, and act as a communication channel between stakeholders and various teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
Business Requirements Management
- Act as the liaison between the various departments such as the plan design team, Plan Administration, Information Technology Services and Business Intelligence Services.
- Lead stakeholder interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, document analysis and other workshops to gather requirements.
- Apply gathering and analysis techniques to develop quality business requirements.
- Facilitate the communication between the business and technology areas to address business issues.
- Ensure written requirements are clear, understandable, audience appropriate and accurately capture key information required for quality solutions that meets business needs.
- Conduct review sessions with business stakeholders to validate all documentation, understanding of the issue and the requirements.
Process Improvement and Opportunity Identification
- Document existing business process workflows, data flows and models, business requirement documents and use cases.
- Analyze current process workflows and identify areas for improvement and develop proposed future processes.
- Apply proactive measures by researching and analyzing issues, defining opportunities for process improvements and making recommendations.
Support product owners and project teams
- Ensure the products and services being built are working for the end users, by gathering requirements and prioritizing tasks.
- Evaluate data and insights for comprehensive strategy planning.
- Establish timelines and product benchmarks.
- Consolidate data into user stories and necessary product requirements.
- Manage and monitor data integrity between ASEBP and Employer Groups.
- Develop processes and coordinate eligibility data reconciliations with Employer Groups.
- Establish initiatives and align with cross-functional goals.
- Ensure value from the data and analysis, and ensure the products align with the organization's mission and goals.
- Coordinate with other product teams to synchronize efforts.
Work closely with Business Intelligence Services and the Project Management Office
- Assists with supporting new solutions and projects throughout the organization as required by the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Assists the Business Intelligence Services (BIS) area on other related tasks when required.
- Interpret the business data requirements for the Business Intelligence department and help to establish and monitor key performance indicators across the organization.
Your Education and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline.
- Certified Associate in Business Analysis or Project Management certification would be an asset.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation would be an asset.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems.
- Experience with forecasting would be an asset.
- Experience with data visualization and report writing would be considered an asset.
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Skilled in the use of business software suites.
- Strong ability to document processes and elicit functional, business and technical requirements.
- Meticulous and consistent in documentation and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong SQL and T-SQL skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Power BI skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among diverse groups.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This posting will remain open until Friday, May 24.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.