Business Intelligence Analyst
As part of the Business Intelligence Services department, the Business Intelligence Analyst is involved in data mining, analysis and interpretation of data as well as strategic decision support analysis, predictive and prescriptive analysis. Working closely with the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst on deeper investigations, the Business Intelligence Analyst will ensure ongoing knowledge sharing, and identify opportunities for streamlining dashboards and strategic analysis throughout the organization.
Your Key Responsibilities
Gather and analyze data, creating reports and initial interpretation of meaning for ASEBP
- Engage in research and analysis projects as identified through strategic initiatives and organizational needs.
- Analyze, interpret and present findings to Management, Leadership and the ASEBP Trustees as needed to support decision making
- Participate in plan design activities, providing demographic and claims utilization information as required.
- Provide ongoing analysis of the impacts of plan design changes and cost containment initiatives to the plan design committee
- Support information requests related to strategic initiatives (e.g. focus on specific disease states) and ongoing modeling/projections.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for Management, Leadership, the ASEBP Trustees, , Employer Groups and parent bodies as requested.
- Proactively share research and analysis findings within the organization.
Act as a subject matter expert with respect to organizational data and data analysis tools
- Provide subject matter expertise when needed to support analysis findings and decision making throughout the organization.
- Assist in educating ASEBP staff on proper use and interpretation of strategic data through training sessions and communications.
- Keep up-to-date with current analysis trends, tools and techniques and identify opportunities to incorporate new techniques or tools into existing analysis projects.
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Identify, develop and support machine learning and artificial intelligence initiatives at ASEBP as required
- Work with external vendors where applicable on strategic AI initiatives, providing data and subject matter expertise.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a four year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business or a related discipline.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Excellent understanding of the structure of relational databases, data warehouses and their implementation.
- Experience in forecasting and sensitivity analysis models
- Proven ability to work effectively with large volumes of data, business lines and plans.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, SSAS/Tabular, Power BI)
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, R or other statistical software is an asset.
- Excellent analytical ability, strong attention to detail and the ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative, creativity, perseverance and integrity.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects over varying time lines.
- Strong communication, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Data modelling an asset
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by Friday, June 7, 2019.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, and/or education and employment verification.