We have an exciting opportunity for two Claims Facilitators to join our team in Edmonton. Claims Facilitators play an important role at ASEBP, guiding covered members on disability benefits through a coordinated, holistic recovery plan with a focus on supporting their return to health and work. Building relationships with a variety of stakeholders is key to this position, as well as possessing an awareness of the range of community resources available to accommodate each covered member’s unique needs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Within a holistic framework, assess medical information to determine entitlement to Extended Disability Benefits (EDB).
- Collaborate with and on behalf of the covered member to create and implement a return to work plan that meets their unique needs.
- Work on behalf of the covered member to negotiate with other stakeholders (including union groups and other associations) and health care providers to ensure the necessary supports and services are in place.
- Guide each covered member through their recovery plan, providing the resources and support they require to maintain or improve their quality of life during recovery.
- Monitor each covered member’s progress and stay connected with them to ensure any modifications are made to their plan as required to best suit their evolving situation.
- Prepare any appropriate documents for the covered member, facilitating the communication of important information to claimants, their representatives, including their employer and health care providers, and ASEBP staff, as required.
- Research and maintain knowledge of community resources, as well as medical assessment and treatment providers.
Your Education and Experience
- A minimum of five years job-related experience and knowledge in disability case management and group disability plan principles.
- Completion of degree or diploma in Disability Case Management, or health-related related fields such as Occupational Health Nursing, Community Health, Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation or Psychology.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Creative and intuitive problem-solving approach.
- Engage a variety of stakeholders and build strong relationships quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive negotiation and communication skills.
- Critical analytical skills.
- Organize a demanding workload within a disability claims management environment.
- Contribute positively within a team environment.
Unique Working Conditions
You will be working with covered members and school jurisdictions across the province, so travel is a requirement of this position.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by Friday, March 22nd, 2019.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.