As part of the Business Intelligence Services department, the Data Analyst is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of enhanced reporting and analytic visualizations and dashboards to continuously enhance ASEBP’s ability to fulfill its mandate. This position will be responsible for developing reports, and conducting analyses on a wide variety of issues using various sources of business data and communicating findings and related interpretations/observations with primarily, but not exclusively, an internal audience. The Data Analyst will work closely with internal business customers and subject matter experts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop solutions to reporting and information requirements by analyzing information needs and developing reports for ASEBP’s internal and external clients.
- Respond accurately and in a timely manner to ad hoc requests for data analysis and reports.
- Develop visualization and dashboard reports.
- Conduct analyses that identify and assess business opportunities and address key business challenges.
- Provide advice on and interpretation of business data.
- Provide support to plan design.
- Recommend potential visualized Board report options.
- Develop solutions based on information requirements.
- Create queries to support ad hoc requests for data and reports that integrate a full view of the business need into actionable information.
- Provide demographic and claims utilization information to the Plan Actuary for use in premium rate setting, including experience adjustments; update the historical overview of experience adjustment standings using the Plan Actuary’s results.
Assist with operational reporting
- Responds to reporting requests from business areas.
- Action day-to-day report requests as they relate to visual data.
Assist data warehouse team
- Participate in data warehouse initiatives.
- Identify any data issues with the data warehouse and other source systems.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Demonstrable experience working with:
- Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Data Models
- Database design & SQL Server
- Other Microsoft programs.
- Advanced working knowledge of data visualization tools.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and presentation tools such as Power BI or other similar BI tools.
- Experience working with data warehouse facts and dimensions.
- A strong understanding of the structure of relational databases and their implementation.
- Proven ability to work effectively with large volumes of data, business lines and plans.
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong SQL, T-SQL, query writing abilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize workflow and priorities.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to meet varying client needs.
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects over varying time lines.
- Strong communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This posting will remain open until the role has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.