Financial Business Analyst
As part of the Business Intelligence Services department, the Financial Business Analyst will be responsible for working with internal business customers and subject matter experts (SMEs), primarily in Accounting Services, to identify, document and interpret requirements of various technical and non-technical solutions and projects. This role serves as a key point of contact and a resource to assist the business in translating business requirements into solutions. In addition to supporting new solutions and projects, the Financial Business Analyst will identify opportunities for improved utilization of existing Accounting Services business processes.
Your Key Responsibilities
Business requirements management
- Act as the liaison between Accounting Services, Information Technology Services and Business Intelligence Services.
- Lead stakeholder interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, document analysis and other workshops to gather requirements.
- Apply business requirements gathering and analysis techniques to develop quality business requirements.
- Facilitate the communication between the business and technology areas to address business issues.
- Ensure written requirements are clear, understandable, audience appropriate and accurately capture key information required for quality solutions that meet business needs.
- Conduct review sessions with business stakeholders to validate all documentation and ensure understanding of the issue and requirements.
Process improvement and opportunity identification
- Document existing business process workflows, data flows and models, business requirement documents and use cases.
- Analyze current process workflows, identify areas for improvement and develop proposed future processes.
- Apply proactive measures by researching and analyzing issues, defining opportunities for process improvements and making recommendations.
Become the financial systems/applications product owner
- Ensure the products and services being built are working for the end users by gathering requirements and prioritizing tasks.
- Evaluate data and insights for comprehensive strategy planning.
- Establish timelines and product benchmarks.
- Consolidate data into user stories and necessary product requirements.
- Establish initiatives and align them with cross-functional goals.
- Ensure data and analysis is valuable, and the products align with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Coordinate with other product teams to synchronize efforts.
Work with Business Intelligence and the Project Management Office
- Assist with supporting new solutions and projects throughout the organization as required by the Project Management Office.
- Assist the Business Intelligence Services team on other related tasks when required.
Your Education and Experience
- A degree in business or a related field.
- A Certified Associate in Business Analysis or PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) certification would be an asset.
- CPA certification would be an asset.
- Progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems.
- Strong knowledge of ERPs, particularly Dynamics GP.
- Strong analytical and inquisitive abilities.
- Skilled in the use of business software suites.
- Strong ability to document processes and elicit functional, business and technical requirements.
- Meticulous and consistent in documentation and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication, written and verbal skills.
- Strong SQL and T-SQL skills.
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among diverse groups.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This posting will remain open until the role has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.