Manager, Client Experience
The Manager, Client Experience is responsible for ensuring a quality client experience for employer groups offering benefits through the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) and third party administration clients. Using their strong leadership skills, commitment to excellent client relationships, and thorough understanding of group benefits, the manager will ensure employer groups are supported in optimizing employee health through their benefit offerings and organizational wellness initiatives. This includes ensuring employer groups are well served through ongoing, effective communication and collaboration, as well as helping employer groups develop an organizational wellbeing strategy. Additionally, the manager oversees ASEBP’s third party administrative services, ensuring ASEBP meets its contracted service requirements to these clients while providing exceptional service to their members.
Your Key Responsibilities
Ensure the operations of the department align with ASEBP’s strategic direction, objectives and culture set forth by the ASEBP trustees and the executive team.
- Evaluate and report on progress of the department in its strategic direction.
- In collaboration with the director, identify, monitor and report on key performance indicators.
- Oversee change management within the department.
- Using ASEBP project methodology, sponsor and/or allocate subject matter expertise to organizational initiatives and projects as needed.
Manage all aspects of day to day operations, ensuring excellent service for client groups. This includes team management, process improvement, risk mitigation and resource allocation.
- Ensure client groups are kept up to date, have access to appropriate tools and information with respect to group benefits, and have opportunity for feedback and collaboration.
- Ensure client groups are aware and understand how ASEBP can support their workplace wellness strategies, and that ASEBP is delivering tailored wellness support.
- Leverage aggregate benefit data to inform work with school jurisdictions.
- Ensure a superior client experience is delivered by setting service standards, key performance indicators, and defining and monitoring relevant metrics.
- Provide guidance and support to the team, ensuring they have the tools, training and resources to execute their work efficiently and effectively.
- Manage team workload volumes and delegate accordingly.
- Oversee and continuously improve department workflows and processes.
- Manage budget and resource allocation within department.
- Identify, address and mitigate issues and risks as required.
- Handle escalated client concerns when necessary.
Ensure Third Party Administration services operate in accordance with the respective service contracts.
- Maintain strong relationships with third party clients.
- Ensure services meet or exceed the standards outlined in the relevant contract.
- Review terms of agreements and work collaboratively with other areas in the development of new service contracts.
- Ensure client request for changes in contract, plan design, member enrolment and other relevant services are processed in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
Leadership and team development.
- Ensure the team structure is optimized for service excellence.
- In conjunction with Human Resources (HR), recruit, interview, orient and train new employees.
- Ensure team members have the knowledge and skills to excel in their roles, and grow within their career pathways.
- Ensure the team is knowledgeable on all lines of benefits, technologies and services, and is updated when there are changes in plan design and other services.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring to employees, ensuring they receive timely feedback to maximize their performance.
- Ensure regular quality assurance reviews are conducted to inform performance management.
- Ensure team is updated on organizational policies, team processes and safety protocols.
- In conjunction with HR, actively identify and create opportunities for employee learning and development.
Liaise with other departments to foster strong working relationships, seamless cross-departmental processes and meet organizational goals.
- Work collaboratively across all divisions to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Alert relevant areas of trends and information that is discovered through member interaction.
- Consult and collaborate with other teams/departments on development, improvement, prioritization, implementation and evaluation of cross-divisional business processes.
- Work closely with technical teams to maintain or enhance client-facing or client support technologies.
Build and maintain strong relationships with ASEBP client groups.
- Address escalated concerns from employer groups.
- Build strong relationships with third party clients.
- Liaise with, provide or present information to other stakeholders and partners as needed.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a university degree in business, insurance or a related field
- Five to ten years of experience in a leadership position
- Experience working with the Alberta education sector and in group benefits considered an asset.
- A Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Transformational leadership skills, including strong emotional intelligence.
- Previous work in a unionized environment or with unionized client groups.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skill with an ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to effectively communicate complex benefit information to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback.
- Ability to communicate in difficult situations.
How To Apply
Please note that all things being equal, preference will be given to internal candidates.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.