Manager, Member Experience
The Manager, Member Experience is responsible for ensuring a quality customer experience for Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) covered members. Using strong leadership skills, passion for customer service, thorough understanding of benefit administration and contact centre channels, the manager will ensure covered members have a personalized, easy and seamless benefits experience, regardless of whether they engage ASEBP through a benefit specialist or through our digital platform. From member enrolment to member retirement, the manager’s job is to ensure members have exceptional support in understanding their benefit coverage and options at different stages in their life and health journeys.
Your Key Responsibilities
Ensure the operations of the department align with ASEBP’s strategic direction, objectives and culture set forth by the ASEBP trustees and the executive team.
- Evaluate and report on progress of the department’s strategic direction and objectives.
- In collaboration with the director, identify, monitor and report on key performance indicators.
- Oversee change management within the department.
- Using ASEBP project methodology, sponsor and/or allocate subject matter expertise to organizational initiatives and projects as needed.
Manage all aspects of day to day operations of Member Services, ensuring excellent customer service. This includes managing team performance, process improvement, risk mitigation and resource allocation.
- Provide guidance and support to the team ensuring they have the tools, training and resources to execute their work efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure a superior customer experience is delivered by setting service standards, key performance indicators, and defining and monitoring relevant metrics.
- Ensure member data and related transactions, such as enrolment information, status changes, etc. are properly maintained, actioned and updated.
- Manage team workload volumes and delegate accordingly. Ensure scheduling aligns with departmental and organizational needs.
- Oversee and continuously improve department workflows and processes.
- Manage budget and resource allocation within department.
- Identify, address, and mitigate issues and risks as needed.
- Handle escalated customer concerns as needed.
Work closely with the director and technical teams to maintain or enhance existing technology and introduce new member-facing technologies.
- Sponsor and allocate department resources to projects that impact member service.
- Develop working knowledge of ASEBP’s member-facing systems and the interaction between systems.
- Ensure members enrolment and subsequent changes to member data are processed efficiently and effectively.
- Stay current in new contact centre and benefit technologies and assess their application to ASEBP.
- Provide training and support to the team to ensure competency in changing technologies so they can support members accessing these technologies (where applicable).
Leadership and team development, overseeing team training, coaching and development, quality assurance, and performance management are conducted in accordance with ASEBP policy and philosophy.
- Ensure the team structure is optimized for service excellence.
- In conjunction with Human Resources (HR), recruit, interview, orient and train new employees.
- Ensure team members have the knowledge and skills to excel in their roles, and grow within their career pathways.
- Ensure the team is knowledgeable on all lines of benefits, technologies and services and is updated when there are changes in plan design and other services.
- Ensure employees receive active coaching and mentoring, including timely feedback to maximize their performance.
- Ensure regular quality assurance reviews are conducted to inform performance management.
- Ensure team is updated on organizational policies, team processes and safety protocols.
- In conjunction with HR, actively identify and create opportunities for employee learning and development
Liaise with other departments to foster strong working relationships, seamless cross-departmental processes and meet organizational goals.
- Work collaboratively across all divisions to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Alert relevant areas to trends and information that is discovered through member interaction.
- Consult and collaborate with other teams/departments on development, improvement, prioritization, implementation and evaluation of cross-divisional business processes.
Build and maintain strong relationships with ASEBP external stakeholders.
- Represent the department on various ASEBP/Alberta Blue Cross working groups.
- Liaise with Alberta Blue Cross regarding adjudication decisions, member concerns, plan related changes, etc.
- Liaise with, and provide or present information to other stakeholders and partners as needed.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a university degree in business, insurance or a related field.
- Five to ten years of experience in a leadership position.
- Experience managing employees in a contact centre and/or in benefit plan administration is an asset.
- A Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Transformational leadership skills, including strong emotional intelligence.
- Experience with change management.
- Previous work in a unionized environment or with unionized client groups.
- Experience interpreting plan documents.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skill with an ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to effectively communicate complex benefit information to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback.
- Ability to communicate in difficult situations.
How To Apply
Please note that all things being equal, preference will be given to internal candidates.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.