As part of the Information Technology Services department, the Network Analyst provides oversight and ongoing maintenance to enhance and troubleshoot ASEBP’s network infrastructure. The successful candidate will provide recommendations, advice and consultation to the infrastructure team, and for new projects where it relates to network infrastructure. This position is also responsible for ensuring that security and architecture recommendations and best practices are in place, adhered to, and up-to-date. The Network Analyst also provides support to the desktop team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design, configure, maintain, and optimize ASEBP’s wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Strong technical knowledge of load balancing technologies.
- Experience with intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Monitor and implement network security procedures and protocols, including responding to notifications from 3rd party network security monitoring firm.
- Perform regular network system maintenance tasks such as benchmarks, optimizations, upgrades and Firmware upgrades.
- Provide recommendations for improving ASEBP’s network infrastructure which spans multiple datacenters.
- Ensure adequate redundancy is implemented across ASEBP’s network infrastructure.
- Maintain and implement ASEBP’s remote access technologies.
- Define, plan and complete complex projects as they relate to the administration and maintenance of the network system.
- Implement ASEBP policies for the acceptable usage of ASEBP technology.
- Use industry standard tools to monitor performance and configure notifications.
- Experience with network monitoring, packet analysis tools and system/event log analysis.
- Backup and support the Infrastructure Team as needed.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the Technical Support Analyst (Tier I) and act as a back-up when needed.
- Provide assistance and consult ASEBP staff as required.
- Respond to escalated IT service requests; determine root cause problems/faults and resolve.
- Analyze systems failures from a technical perspective, then take or recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Manage software and hardware service contracts and license agreements for replacement / audit purposes.
- Keep information current for the Business Continuity and disaster recovery.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two- year technical or community college certificate in Information Systems or Network Infrastructure; 4-year degree is preferred.
- 4 - 7 years’ experience in a related field required.
- Formal designations such as CCNA, CCNP, VCP-NV or equivalent are preferred
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Superior understanding of PC-based LAN’s (Local Area Networks)
- Advanced understanding of network communications protocols and technologies
- Thorough understanding of accepted troubleshooting and analysis methodologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to identify system and organizational problems, determine possible solutions, and communicate these ideas effectively.
- Commitment to on-going learning is essential
- Knowledge of the following considered an asset:
- Legacy and next gen Firewall technologies
- SIP and VOIP communication technologies
- Web and endpoint security technology
- Virtual private networks and remote access technologies
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This posting will remain open until the role has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.