As part of the Business Technology Services department, the Network Analyst provides oversight, maintenance and vulnerability testing of ASEBP’s network infrastructure. The successful candidate will be part of a tight-knit team providing recommendations, advice and consultation to the infrastructure team, and for new projects where it relates to network infrastructure. This position has dedicated cybersecurity duties, such as performing ethical hacking and penetration testing. This position is also responsible for ensuring that security and architecture recommendations and best practices are in place, adhered to, and up-to-date and to act as the next tier of support for the desktop support team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design, configure, maintain, and optimize ASEBP’s wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Strong technical knowledge of load balancing technologies.
- Experience with intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems.
- Testing and review of vulnerabilities through scheduled ethical hacking and penetration testing.
- Facilitate and coordinate third-party cybersecurity audits.
- Monitoring emerging cybersecurity trends, identifying areas of weakness and planning remediation.
- Strong technical knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Monitor and implement network security procedures and protocols, including responding to notifications from 3rd party network security monitoring firm.
- Perform regular network system maintenance tasks such as benchmarks, optimizations, and software/firmware upgrades.
- Provide recommendations for improving ASEBP’s network infrastructure which spans multiple datacenters.
- Ensure adequate redundancy is implemented across ASEBP’s network infrastructure.
- Maintain and implement ASEBP’s remote access technologies.
- Define, plan and complete complex projects as they relate to the administration and maintenance of the network system.
- Use industry standard tools to monitor performance and configure notifications.
- Experience with network monitoring, packet analysis tools and system/event log analysis.
- Backup and support the Infrastructure Team as needed.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the Technical Support Analyst (Tier I), acting as a back-up when needed, and assisting ASEBP staff as required.
- Respond to escalated IT service requests; determine root cause problems/faults and resolve.
- Analyze systems failures from a technical perspective, then take or recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Manage software and hardware service contracts and license agreements for replacement / audit purposes.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two- year technical or community college certificate in Information Systems or Network Infrastructure; 4-year degree is preferred.
- 4 - 7 years’ experience in a related field required.
- Formal designations such as CCNA, CCNP, VCP-NV or equivalent are preferred
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Superior understanding of PC-based LAN’s (Local Area Networks)
- Advanced understanding of network communications protocols and technologies
- Thorough understanding of accepted troubleshooting and analysis methodologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to identify system and organizational problems, determine possible solutions, and communicate these ideas effectively.
- Commitment to on-going learning is essential
- Knowledge of the following considered an asset:
- Legacy and next gen Firewall technologies
- SIP and VOIP communication technologies
- Web and endpoint security technology
- Virtual private networks and remote access technologies
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Kali Linux, metasploit and other ethical hacking tools
How To Apply
This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This job posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.Apply Now