FYIs for Fall
With the season and the pandemic situation changing, we have some timely information to share with you.
- Travel Emergency benefits: While some airlines and insurance providers are offering out-of-country COVID-19 coverage, our benefits remain the same. More specifically, if you become ill due to COVID-19 while travelling to a country that the Government of Canada had identified as either a Level 3 (avoid non-essential travel) or Level 4 (avoid all travel) as a result of COVID-19 prior to your departure date, eligible expenses will not be covered. However, alternatively, if you're travelling to a country that the Government of Canada has no COVID-19 travel advisories for and you become ill due to COVID-19, eligible expenses will be covered. Furthermore, if a formal travel advisory is issued for an area you’re in while you’re travelling, your eligible expenses will continue to be covered for the duration of your stay.
- Email addresses: If you’re going or currently on a leave, please make sure the email address associated with your My ASEBP account is a personal (non-work) email. This will prevent loss of access if your employer terminates your workplace email access.
- COVID-19 asymptomatic testing: The Government of Alberta has reduced asymptomatic testing for the general public; however, voluntary testing remains available to teachers and school staff.
- Influenza vaccination: The 2020-21 influenza (flu) season is around the corner. As such, Alberta Health Services (AHS) will be offering a flu vaccine, free of charge, to all Albertans over the age of six months. For more information, visit the AHS website and keep an eye out for this year’s immunization campaign launching October 13.
- Form submissions: To ensure everyone’s continued safety during COVID-19, our office will remain closed to walk-in visitors until further notice. As such, we’re currently not accepting in-person claim form drop-offs. Please follow the instructions on your form for other submission methods or if applicable, submit your claim through My ASEBP or the My ASEBP Mobile App.
If you have any questions, remember we’re just a call or email away!