Benefit Specialists are instrumental in providing information to our covered members about our benefit programs and available services. This information builds the knowledge of our covered members, so they can make informed decisions regarding their benefit plan options and health concerns. Using strong assessment skills, Benefit Specialists identify the needs of our covered members and make referrals to the appropriate internal and external resources. Excellent problem solving and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to investigate health-related issues and provide suitable alternatives are requirements for this role.
The successful candidate must be available to work Monday to Friday, from 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide health and benefit information and guidance to members in order to help them identify, understand and make informed decisions regarding their benefit coverage, plan options and their health and wellness needs.
- Analyze information and refer complex health issues to internal or external resources.
- Ensure the integrity of information, including identified issues and trends.
Your Education and Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience assisting members in a benefits environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and a familiarity with customer relationship management software.
- Completion of a two-year technical or college certificate in group benefits, insurance and risk management, or in a human resources-related field would be preferred.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient knowledge about group benefits and third party administration.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and understand member needs, and recognize when a referral to additional resources is necessary.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Ability to effectively and comfortably explore difficult and complex issues, and provide information, alternatives or suggestions.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment.
About Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan
The Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) is a health and welfare trust governed by ten Trustees, five of whom are appointed by the Alberta School Boards Association and five of whom are appointed by the Alberta Teachers' Association. ASEBP promotes programs that sustain healthy lifestyles and workplaces for over 56,000 covered members in almost 60 school jurisdictions across Alberta. These programs complement the comprehensive benefit coverage ASEBP offers to covered members.
Working for ASEBP is about more than supplying great health benefits. ASEBP offers:
- a team-focused culture that supports people and performance
- an exciting chance to make an impact in the lives of Alberta’s school employees
- a wide range of health and wellness initiatives that encompass emotional, physical and nutritional health
For more information about ASEBP, please visit the “About ASEBP” section of our website, asebp.ca.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume quoting competition number #18-02 by Wednesday, February 21 to:
Human Resource Services
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.