We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Payroll Coordinator to join our team in Edmonton! The Payroll Coordinator will provide support to the full payroll cycle at ASEBP. This includes reviewing payroll to ensure that data is accurate and up to date, assisting staff with payroll questions, and problem solving any errors or issues. This role will also provide support to the Payroll Advisor as needed, include handling data sensitive tasks, preparing a variety of reports and filing payroll-related items. This is a part-time position, 21 hours per week, with flexibility in scheduling hours.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with processing semi-monthly payroll for over 150 employees.
- Reconcile and make payments to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) within CRA’s established timelines.
- Process all related benefit premiums, calculations and deductions including pension plan.
- Process, balance and reconcile year-end payroll, including preparation of T4s.
- Ensuring consistency in the application of payroll-related processes and adherence to ASEBP policies.
- Process Records of Employment (ROE’s) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process new hires, changes and termination in the payroll system.
- Assist with processing internal Extended Disability payments.
- Complete staff Visa reconciliations.
- Organize and file employee forms, documents and payroll files.
- Support other human resource and payroll tasks as needed.
Your Education and Experience
- A minimum of one to three years of payroll experience
- Working towards or completion of Canadian Payroll certification (PCP or CPM)
- Experience with defined benefit pension plans (ex. LAPP) is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Creative and intuitive problem-solving approach.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Critical analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with an ability to manage a time effectively.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute positively within a team environment.
About Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan
The Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) is a health and welfare trust governed by ten Trustees, five of whom are appointed by the Alberta School Boards Association and five of whom are appointed by the Alberta Teachers' Association. ASEBP promotes programs that sustain healthy lifestyles and workplaces for over 56,000 covered members in almost 60 school jurisdictions across Alberta. These programs complement the comprehensive benefit coverage ASEBP offers to covered members.
Working for ASEBP is about more than supplying great health benefits. ASEBP offers:
- a team-focused culture that supports people and performance
- an exciting chance to make an impact in the lives of Alberta’s school employees
- a wide range of health and wellness initiatives that encompass emotional, physical and nutritional health
For more information about ASEBP, please visit the “About ASEBP” section of our website, asebp.ca.
How To Apply
For more information about ASEBP, please visit the “About ASEBP” section of our website, asebp.ca. If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume quoting competition number #17-87 to:
Human Resource Services
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.