Strategic Advisor, Stakeholder Relations
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position provides strategic guidance and expert counsel, while developing collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. You will be required to establish and advance partnerships with external organizations to create mutually focused goals and objectives. Stakeholders will include local, provincial and federal governments, health care and education sector officials, as well as relevant professional/clinical associations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ensure the CEO, executive team and ASEBP staff are well-informed about the provincial and national landscape as it relates to all aspects of health, disability and education.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop plans for stakeholder engagement that align with the direction and strategy of ASEBP.
- Ensure engagement is purposeful, inclusive, timely, transparent and respectful.
- Responsible for providing recommendations based on environmental scans, available data and other sources of information.
- Synthesize best practices, evidence and information to provide recommendations for stakeholder engagement and/or management.
- Use research methodologies to plan and conduct program evaluation and measurement to support planning and informed policies, programs and services.
- Conduct engagement needs assessment and develop goals, objectives and sound engagement strategies.
- Assume lead role as a comprehensive subject matter expert within assigned projects and initiatives.
Communications and Relationship Management
- Build strong networks between stakeholder groups at multiple levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing strategic and business case documents and adapting them for various audiences.
- Enhance relationships with key stakeholders using a flexible, customer-focused approach that promotes collaboration and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Foster a high quality workplace with a strong commitment to quality and process improvements with a client/customer focus.
- Build strong working relationships with staff in other departments, as well as external consultants.
Special Projects and Ad-Hoc Requests
- As a domain expert in health and stakeholder relations, provide expertise and subject matter expertise where required.
- Seek out and apply informed evidence and research in the development and execution of projects/initiatives.
- Engage key stakeholders in the change process. Assess the impact to stakeholders and communicate the risks and benefits appropriately.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, health and regulatory practices/standards and new research/medical technologies to support ASEBP.
- Engage in continuous learning and development by attending and participating in conferences, webinars and other industry-related events.
- Communicate medical/health concepts and make recommendations both verbally and in writing with supporting documentation.
- Maintain and update knowledge of industry and regulatory requirements.
Your Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in a health-related field, business administration or stakeholder relations/communications.
- Ten years or more of related experience.
- Progressive leadership experience in a health system or environment.
- Health-related designation is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in project scoping, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, including the establishment of analysis and outcome measurement processes.
- Experience monitoring trends/problems – developing and recommending – ongoing and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated strategic and operational planning experience on both an organizational and departmental level.
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding the complexity of health care and education sectors.
- The ability to confidently challenge and bring different perspectives to discussion.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups.
- Ability to foster partnerships and cooperation to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate engagement initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, taking into account long-term goals while assessing options and implications.
- Ability to effectively contribute subject matter expertise in a consultative manner.
- Demonstrated ability in determining priorities within a context of competing issues.
- Expert knowledge of health and disability benefits.
- Skilled in capacity building, problem solving and client relationship management.
- Exceptional communication skills including strengths in writing, presentation and facilitation.
- Superior judgement and decision making skills, often in an environment of a sensitive and highly political nature.
- Forward thinking, flexible, creative and able to respond to a wide variety of situational circumstances in a manner that is a positive reflection of ASEBP.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by Tuesday, June 25, 2019.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.