As an ASEBP covered member, you can obtain Extended Health Care (Drugs, Other Medical Services & Supplies and Travel Emergency), Dental Care and Vision Care coverage for your spouse and children. A spouse or child may not be covered if they’re not a Canadian resident or are on active duty in a military or peacekeeping force.
You and your spouse must be either legally married or in an adult interdependent relationship.
Your child qualifies as a dependant on your coverage so long as they are:
- Registered on a parent’s provincial health care plan
- Under 21, unmarried and completely dependent on a parent—this includes adopted children, foster children (only if they qualify for income tax deductions) and wards of the court
- Under 25, unmarried and enrolled in three or more courses at an educational institution (missions are not eligible)
- Over 21, unmarried, unemployed and dependent on you by reason of mental or physical disability (please contact us to find out how to apply)
Adding and Managing your Dependants
Your dependant(s) must be registered with ASEBP within 31 days of you becoming eligible for benefits or within the 31-day period after the individual becomes your dependant (e.g. through marriage or the birth or adoption of a child). If your dependant isn't registered within this 31-day period, late applicant restrictions will apply.
If you’re an active employee or on a leave of absence, please contact your employer to add your dependant.
Updating Over-age Dependant Information
If your dependant is continuing full-time education after they turn 21, you must update your dependant’s education status on My ASEBP:
- Thirty days before their 21st birthday in order to continue their coverage until August 31 of the current year, and
- before August 31 of every year until they’re 25 years old in order to continue their coverage for the upcoming school year.
If you do not update your dependant’s education status, there may be a period of time where they won’t be covered, and they will be ineligible to submit claims incurred during that period.
Your dependant’s ASEBP coverage may be cancelled if:
- Your coverage ends
- Your dependant is no longer eligible
- Your dependant passes away
If you’re an active employee, please complete a Change Application and submit it to your employer if your dependant is no longer eligible or passes away.